Most cleaning companies offer commercial services such as vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, waxing, and taking out the garbage and wiping down surfaces. However, there are still many cleaning projects that businesses need, and employees don’t have the time or ability to complete during open hours. When you hire a commercial cleaning company to take care of your floor and basic cleaning services, you need to ask about these add on services for spotlight cleaning that will have your business shining from floor to ceiling and impressing your customers.
- High-Traffic Carpet Maintenance-There are certain areas of your office or business that get more wear and tear from foot traffic than others. Professional carpet maintenance ensures that the carpets stay uniform and clean no matter how many times they are walked across.
- Paneling, Trim, Doors-Have you ever checked the trim or paneling for dust? You might be surprised how much dirt and grime can build up around the perimeter of your office. Doors are the most touched surface in your business and can end up stained and dirty very quickly, especially if they are solid wood or painted rather than glass.
- Ceilings and Light Fixtures:Light tends to attract dust and if your business is a warehouse or has incredibly high ceilings, cleaning light fixtures might be dangerous for your employees. Let the professionals with the proper safety equipment handle cleaning your ceilings and light fixtures.
- Entry Areas, Break Rooms, Public Areas-There are many places that aren’t usually included in commercial cleaning on the salesfloor such as locker or break rooms, entry areas or vestibules, and public areas such as lactation rooms or waiting rooms. Booking a specialized cleaning service for these areas is a great way to ensure they are staying clean and sanitary.
- Hard Surface Flooring Cleaning-Go beyond mopping and sweeping and order a strip and wax to keep your hard surface floors shining, new looking, and free from grime and staining. Stripping and waxing can also remove streaks and stains from moving furniture or gondolas.
Commercial cleaning is one of the best ways to ensure the longevity of your business’s structural elements such as flooring and walls. These services also ensure a safe, sanitary, and healthy environment for not only your employees but customers and clients as well.
If you’re ready to schedule a spotlight service in Pittsburgh, call ServiceMaster at 412-376-4645.
As more states are starting to loosen restrictions and enter more progressive stages of reopening, you might decide that it’s time to bring your employees back to work in the office and increase productivity. One of the most challenging tasks you will have as a business owner is how to ensure your office workers stay healthy and safe during the COVID-19 pandemic to prevent the spread of illness in the workplace. There are federal guidelines that lay out social distancing rules and occupancy limits, as well as state and local ordinances and laws you will need to follow. Still, one of the best investments you can make right now is in commercial cleaning services.
What is a Commercial Cleaning?
Commercial cleaning companies specialize in cleaning retail, office, and buildings used for commercial purposes, rather than residential homes. Services included from these companies can include ATP testing, holistic or green product options, mold remediation, deodorization, carpet, and floor cleaning, air duct cleaning, and sick building syndrome services.
Why Is Professional Cleaning Important?
Professional cleaning services not only get your office clean and disinfected before employees return to work, but when added as an ongoing service, these services can reduce the chances of your employees getting sick because of illnesses and viruses in the office. You would be surprised about the number of bacteria that stay stuck in carpet fibers, under desks, and built up in the wax on tile flooring. Professional cleaning companies use deep cleaning methods to extract dirt and grime from your carpets and floor.
These companies also increase the purity of the air and can be beneficial for customers, clients, and employees that have breathing difficulties associated with asthma or allergies. Commercial cleaning companies are also great for cleaning up after special projects such as changing the layout of the work or retail space, remodeling, or after a big event such as the office Christmas party.
If you’re interested in discussing COVID-19 and commercial cleaning, contact ServiceMaster of Greater Pittsburgh at 412-528-6077.
When you work in an office with lots of people who eat lunch, drink coffee, and walk over the carpet in their dirty shoes, you are bound to be spending time cleaning up carpet stains. When things are spilled on the carpet and not cleaned up immediately, the stain can set and be difficult or impossible to remove, even with commercial carpet cleaning. You can’t wait for your cleaning service to come and take care of stains, you’ve got to know what to do when they happen to reduce the damage to your carpet and flooring. Check out what you can do about the top three carpet stains you’re likely to see in the office.
- Blood-While we don’t ever want to think about someone getting hurt at work, it happens. From serious injuries to small papercuts or spontaneous nose bleeds, blood can easily drip onto the carpet and stain. Make sure that cleanup includes wearing gloves and that cold water, not hot, is used. Cold water ensures the blood does not clot and permeate the carpet fibers. You can spray dish detergent such as Dawn onto the stain and then use a paper towel or rag to blot the stain out. Commercial carpet cleaning may be necessary for large area stains involving blood.
- Coffee- Nearly all your coworkers probably have coffee, tea, or soda on their desks, and all three of these drinks can leave unsightly stains on the carpet. Use a towel to blot up the spill right away and then spray the stain with a non-bleach detergent or vinegar and water mixture and scrub the stain out with a new towel.
- Mud-When your employees and coworkers come into the office with wet, muddy shoes, they could be leaving stains all over the carpets. Mud stains are reasonably easy to clean up and need a towel and non-bleach detergent; however, consistent commercial carpet cleaning can also help mitigate stains from mud tracked in on shoes.
Commercial carpet cleaning is essential for businesses because companies like ServiceMaster have high quality, janitorial supplies that can power through any stain or grime to keep your carpets and flooring looking brand new.
When you’re ready to set an appointment for commercial carpet cleaning, call ServiceMaster of Greater Pittsburgh today at 412-419-3253
Commercial Carpet Cleaning | Not All Cleaning Tools are the Same
In your residence, you probably have a vacuum and possibly a carpet shampooer that you use to clean your carpets. You might even think that these residential cleaning tools are perfectly adaptable for cleaning commercial carpets. If you own a business, you understand the importance of cleanliness and making a great impression on your customers or clients, but grabbing a vacuum off the shelf from the nearest home store is not the solution for commercial carpet cleaning that you are looking for.
Why Choose Professional Commercial Carpet Cleaning
Your carpets are one of the first things your customers will see when they walk in the door. Dirty carpets give the perception of a dirty environment and your customers want a bright, clean place to do business. Professional carpet cleaning services like ServiceMaster use environmentally friendly chemicals and commercial grade cleaning tools to keep your carpets looking newer for longer.
Some of the benefits:
- Carpets have uniform appearance
- Reduce germs, bacteria, mold, and disease
- Stain removal
- Reduce effects of wear and tear in the highest traffic areas
- Restore the natural texture and appearance of the carpet
- Extend carpet life by several years
- Gard your carpets against spills by applying Scotchgard
- Spot cleaning service
- Custom designed programs
Carpet cleaning services are most effective when they happen quarterly, however business with low foot traffic can still benefit from annual carpet cleaning services. When business owners hire professional carpet cleaning rather than relying on employees running a vacuum or carpet shampooer, they are also increasing the quality of air in their building which can lead to better health outcomes for employees, especially any that have asthma or allergy issues.
Consider ServiceMaster of Pittsburgh for your commercial carpet cleaning needs and get an estimate by calling 412-826-1010.