Flood Damage Cleanup | Flooding Complications Homeowners Should Know
Flood Damage Cleanup | Flooding Complications Homeowners Should Be Aware Of
When you live in coastal communities, you need to be more aware than others of the potential complications that come with flooding, especially during hurricane and storm season. While homeowners on the coast might be more at risk, there are plenty of communities where flooding occurs, and everyone needs to learn about the possible complications flooding can cause in your home. To avoid some of these complications, you need flood damage cleanup immediately after a flood.
- Windows Won’t Close Completely-Flooding can cause your window trip to warp, the seals to degrade, and often, after a destructive flood, new windows are needed.
- Doors Jam or Won’t Latch-Water damage warps wood and can make your door swell and no longer latch or lock properly.
- Cracks, Peeling, Curling of Flooring-Flood damage cleanup can’t always save your flooring after a natural disaster. Standing water can destroy flooring, no matter what material it’s made from.
- Sinking Foundation-One of the signs of a sinking foundation is when the front porch or stoop starts to sink and become uneven. You might also notice cracks in the walls or bowing basement walls. The crawl space floor may also soften and sag. This is dangerous and the longer you avoid flood damage cleanup, the worse it will be.
- Leaning Chimneys-You might not realize that flooding can damage your chimney, but a leaning or cracking chimney is often a sign that your home has undergone serious water damage.
- Mold Damage-Mold can cause allergic reactions, odor, and be damaging to your home’s integrity. The sooner you have flood damage cleanup completed, the less likely you’ll be to have mold growing in your home.
- Electrical Damage-Your electrical system is very fragile when it comes to water damage. You might have flickering lights, outlets that don’t work, circuit breaker issues, or can even experience electrical shock and fires.
If you’ve recently experienced a natural disaster you need to have flood damage cleanup done right away so that these complications don’t get out of hand. Sometimes the flood damage complications can be worse than the actual flood.
If you are looking for flood damage cleanup companies, call ServiceMaster of Greater Pittsburg. Our team of service professionals is efficient, professional, and quick at their jobs, which can save you time and money at the end of your remodel project. Call ServiceMaster of Greater Pittsburg to discuss your residential or commercial cleaning needs today at 412-528-5986.