The best time to prepare for a hurricane is before the season’s onset. You first need to have a hurricane kit to help you maneuver if a hurricane hits your home. And if this happens, consider ServiceMaster for restoration. Our team is trained to handle any extent of floods and has been providing flood damage cleanup in Greater Pittsburgh.
A hurricane kit is essential to ensure you have all the basics in the event of a flood. You want to ensure your family has food, a change of clothes, shelter, medicine, and other essential items before the hurricane settles down.
How to Create a Hurricane Survival Kit
- Determine the number of people you need to prepare for and include emergency kits, as you may receive visitors chased away from their homes by flood water.
- Find a reliable bag to store all your supplies. The backpack will come in handy should you need to vacate the property.
- Your emergency kit should have non-perishable food and water that can last your family members not less than three days.
- Don’t rely on power during a hurricane. It is best to have a portable stove and light sources.
- Include local maps in your kit
- Add a first aid kit in your backpack, as it is common for people to sustain injuries during hurricanes.
- Add bath wipes to your kit
Keeping you and your loved ones safe is a top priority during a hurricane. Preparing a hurricane kit can help you survive in the midst of all the chaos hurricanes bring. While this season can be challenging, having a professional restoration company in mind can save you half the battle.
ServiceMaster provides flood damage cleanup in Greater Pittsburgh, and thanks to our trained team, your home will be in safe hands, despite the damage the floods bring. Call us today for cleanup, drying and restoration.