Greater Pittsburgh Hard Surface Floor Cleaning
Over time, tile floors and surfaces lose their shine and luster. Scrubbing and mopping do not generally yield the results needed for a deep clean. Because grout is porous and absorbs all the dirt and debris on it, mopping only removes surface soil and not the embedded dirt that causes the grout to become dull.
Rest assured, ServiceMaster of Greater Pittsburgh has the expertise and attention to detail, to make hardwood, various stone, tile or vinyl floors in your home look their best. At first glance, these floors appear to be easy to clean and maintain. Our professional team can assess the proper techniques and products to restore the beauty to your floors.
We specialize in:
- Tile and grout cleaning using high pressure hot water rinse
- Grout sealing
- Stripping and finishing vinyl, terrazzo, and linoleum floors
- Rubber and concrete floors
- Hardwood and parquet floors
- Pet Odor removal
Hard Surface Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why should I get tile & grout professionally cleaned?
Regular mopping only removes surface soil and not the embedded dirt that causes the grout to be unattractive. Professional cleaning restores the look of your tile and grout and extends its life.
- Is professional tile & grout cleaning expensive?
Professional tile and grout cleaning is just pennies compared to the cost of replacing tile. Call today to get an estimate from one of our professionals.
- How long does it take to get the tile & grout at my home professionally cleaned?
For a 300 square-foot area, cleaning generally takes 60 to 90 minutes. If you choose to have the grout sealed, we recommend waiting 24 hours after rinsing to apply sealer so the sealer will adhere properly. Grout sealing itself takes two to three hours. Time varies based on tile size, the amount of soil in the grout and room configuration.
- Can I use household cleaning products on my tile & grout surfaces?
Tile floors are easy to clean, and we recommend using a neutral cleaning agent.
- How often do I need to get my tile & grout professionally cleaned?
To properly maintain your tile floors, vacuum or sweep and mop them weekly, as well as spot clean when needed. To keep your floors looking their best, we recommend a professional cleaning every year, depending on traffic, pets, children and regular floor maintenance. An easy way to remember when it’s time for your professional cleaning is to plan around your spring cleaning schedule or when preparing for holiday get-togethers at your home.
- When will I be able to walk on my floors after a tile & grout cleaning?
Stay off of freshly cleaned tile floors for at least 30 minutes. Avoid getting any liquid on the floor for 24 hours until the sealant cures completely if grout cleaning is included as part of the service.
- Will there be an odor?
After tile and grout is cleaned, you may notice a faint scent. The amount of time it takes for the odor to dissipate is usually within an hour but varies based on air circulation, heat and humidity.
- Do I need to do anything prior to the technician arriving for my scheduled service?
Simply pick up items on the floor, such as rugs, plants and trash cans, as well as sweep or vacuum the area to be cleaned.
- Are there instructions to follow after my tile & grout surfaces are cleaned?
Stay off freshly cleaned tile for at least 30 minutes, and avoid getting any liquid on the floor for 24 hours if sealant has been applied. Return furniture (with suggested use of felt pads) and rugs to floors after 24 hours.
- Standing water can damage wood floors. Be sure to clean up spills immediately.
- Maintain a consistent humidity level. Humidity can cause wood floors to swell, crack, shrink or create gaps.
- Do not walk on your wood floors in shoes with high heels and be sure to keep the nails on your pets trimmed to prevent scratches to your floors.
Tile & Grout
- Don’t use finish wax, ammonia-based cleaners or bleach, which can damage floors.
- Mop tile regularly with a neutral cleaner. Rinse the mop in fresh water after mopping a small section. Then, remove excess water from the floors by mopping with a dry mop.
- Avoid scratching and scraping your floors with actions like dragging chairs or furniture. Scratches and cracks in the floor easily capture dirt.
For a free estimate or additional information, contact ServiceMaster of Greater Pittsburgh @ (412) 826-1010. Our team will work with you to schedule your tile & grout hard surface cleaning appointment at your convenience. From Butler to White Oak, to Leetsdale and Bell Point, ServiceMaster of Greater Pittsburgh is here to assist you.