When you work in an office with lots of people who eat lunch, drink coffee, and walk over the carpet in their dirty shoes, you are bound to be spending time cleaning up carpet stains. When things are spilled on the carpet and not cleaned up immediately, the stain can set and be difficult or impossible to remove, even with commercial carpet cleaning. You can’t wait for your cleaning service to come and take care of stains, you’ve got to know what to do when they happen to reduce the damage to your carpet and flooring. Check out what you can do about the top three carpet stains you’re likely to see in the office.
- Blood-While we don’t ever want to think about someone getting hurt at work, it happens. From serious injuries to small papercuts or spontaneous nose bleeds, blood can easily drip onto the carpet and stain. Make sure that cleanup includes wearing gloves and that cold water, not hot, is used. Cold water ensures the blood does not clot and permeate the carpet fibers. You can spray dish detergent such as Dawn onto the stain and then use a paper towel or rag to blot the stain out. Commercial carpet cleaning may be necessary for large area stains involving blood.
- Coffee- Nearly all your coworkers probably have coffee, tea, or soda on their desks, and all three of these drinks can leave unsightly stains on the carpet. Use a towel to blot up the spill right away and then spray the stain with a non-bleach detergent or vinegar and water mixture and scrub the stain out with a new towel.
- Mud-When your employees and coworkers come into the office with wet, muddy shoes, they could be leaving stains all over the carpets. Mud stains are reasonably easy to clean up and need a towel and non-bleach detergent; however, consistent commercial carpet cleaning can also help mitigate stains from mud tracked in on shoes.
Commercial carpet cleaning is essential for businesses because companies like ServiceMaster have high quality, janitorial supplies that can power through any stain or grime to keep your carpets and flooring looking brand new.
When you’re ready to set an appointment for commercial carpet cleaning, call ServiceMaster of Greater Pittsburgh today at 412-419-3253
Commercial Carpet Cleaning | Not All Cleaning Tools are the Same
In your residence, you probably have a vacuum and possibly a carpet shampooer that you use to clean your carpets. You might even think that these residential cleaning tools are perfectly adaptable for cleaning commercial carpets. If you own a business, you understand the importance of cleanliness and making a great impression on your customers or clients, but grabbing a vacuum off the shelf from the nearest home store is not the solution for commercial carpet cleaning that you are looking for.
Why Choose Professional Commercial Carpet Cleaning
Your carpets are one of the first things your customers will see when they walk in the door. Dirty carpets give the perception of a dirty environment and your customers want a bright, clean place to do business. Professional carpet cleaning services like ServiceMaster use environmentally friendly chemicals and commercial grade cleaning tools to keep your carpets looking newer for longer.
Some of the benefits:
- Carpets have uniform appearance
- Reduce germs, bacteria, mold, and disease
- Stain removal
- Reduce effects of wear and tear in the highest traffic areas
- Restore the natural texture and appearance of the carpet
- Extend carpet life by several years
- Gard your carpets against spills by applying Scotchgard
- Spot cleaning service
- Custom designed programs
Carpet cleaning services are most effective when they happen quarterly, however business with low foot traffic can still benefit from annual carpet cleaning services. When business owners hire professional carpet cleaning rather than relying on employees running a vacuum or carpet shampooer, they are also increasing the quality of air in their building which can lead to better health outcomes for employees, especially any that have asthma or allergy issues.
Consider ServiceMaster of Pittsburgh for your commercial carpet cleaning needs and get an estimate by calling 412-826-1010.
Embrace the Pet-Friendly Office with Commercial Cleaning
There’s a new trend in America that is helping office workers be happier and have reduced stress—The pet-friendly office space. You may have seen a cat in a bookstore, but have you ever been to an office where it’s bring your pet to work day, every day? People are aware by now of the benefits dogs bring to people’s lives and call centers, law offices, insurance offices, and other niches are allowing their employees to bring their furry friends to work with them. You might be thinking, wouldn’t that make offices dirty? What about people with severe allergies? Each office manager needs to weigh the pros and cons of allowing pets in the workplace and take into consideration employees with allergies; however, one thing you don’t have to sweat is the office being dirty when you use commercial cleaning.
Commercial Cleaning and Pets
Commercial cleaning companies know you want an office space that is odor and hair-free. Even when there are no pets in the office, professional cleaners use the highest grade, industrial cleaning products that can get rid of odors, including pet odors fast. Commercial grade carpet shampooers and vacuums are also perfect for removing pet hair from carpeting and rugs. Worried about dog nails scratching against your tile floor? A professional floor strip, wax, and polish can take care of that quickly and efficiently!
Office managers need to develop policies for their employees that wish to bring their dogs to work with them including policies for pet health, obedience, waste, and owner accountability. Office managers may also need to check for pet policy information with their property insurance or business liability insurance before allowing any animals into the workspace.
If you decide that a pet-friendly workplace is the right choice for your office, let your commercial cleaning company know so they can ensure they bring the right tools and products for the job when they come to clean next.
If you’d like to discuss commercial cleaning solutions for your business, call ServiceMaster of Pittsburgh at 412-826-1010.
How Commercial Cleaning Can Increase Your Profits
Employers that rely on their floor employees to also handle commercial cleaning or office cleaning don’t fully understand how these practices are actually hurting their profit margins. Business owners look at the cost of commercial cleaning and believe they are saving money by making cleaning checklists and adding in cleaning tasks to their employee’s job descriptions. However, hiring a commercial cleaning company can actually increase your profit margins. Here’s how:
- Prevent More Significant Issues-Commercial cleaning companies offer professional floor treatments, carpet cleaning, and other services that help to extend the life of your building’s flooring and fixtures. Regular cleaning and floor care maintenance means that you’ll be able to save money by not having to replace your flooring too soon or having to conquer even larger problems that cost more money and time.
- Improve Customer Traffic-When you hire a commercial cleaning company to keep your business in tip-top shape, you’ll see an increase in your customer foot traffic. No one wants to shop somewhere that is dirty or has floors and fixtures that look old and unkempt. When your business or office shines bright and clean, more people will want to be there and keep coming back which means an increase in your profits.
- Improved Employee Morale-One of the best ways to boost your employee morale is to let them focus on customer service, sales, and other job duties that don’t include cleaning. When your employees are happier, their work performance also improves. Hiring a commercial cleaning company will boost your profit margins by makes your employees efficient and allowing them to focus on sales and service.
Commercial cleaning isn’t an expense. It’s an investment into your building’s integrity, employee morale, and getting loyal customers. Commercial cleaning doesn’t have to cost you a lot when you use it to its full potential and can reap the benefits and amazing return on investment.
If you are looking for the best commercial cleanup crew call ServiceMaster of Greater Pittsburg. Our team of service professionals is efficient, professional, and quick at their jobs, which can save you time and money at the end of your remodel project. Call ServiceMaster of Greater Pittsburg to discuss your residential or commercial cleaning needs today at 412-528-5986.
Commercial Cleaning Pittsburgh PA | Commercial Cleaning for Pittsburgh
Most businesses need a cleaning crew to ensure their business is in tip-top shape all the time. Hiring a janitorial staff can be very costly and inefficient, especially when the work demand doesn’t meet the hourly needs of the cleaning staff, which wastes time and money. Hiring a professional commercial cleaning company is a far more affordable option that gives you more for less. There are already many businesses who use commercial cleaning in Pittsburgh, PA. because of the quality of work done and affordability.
Commercial cleaning services aren’t just cleaners, but also ensure that your supplies are fully stocked, areas are disinfected, and the floors and other parts of the building are properly maintained to prevent unnecessary wear and tear. Most businesses opt to have their cleaning services done during non-business hours and are accommodated with everything being done at night, so the business comes to work every day with a clean workplace that is safe for both employees and customers. The commercial cleaning services that many businesses take advantage of our customizable, and don’t have to buy a plan that doesn’t work for them and are always welcome to have their cleaning done whenever they need it.
The best benefit of having a commercial cleaning service is that customers and employees feel safe and better overall when they are in a clean environment. Professional cleaners use commercial-grade cleaners that kill and prevent bacteria, viruses’, and other things that can make people sick. Working in a clean environment also means it is safer for everyone. It is a fact that proper cleaning and maintenance reduces the risk of workplace injuries and sicknesses. And, there is no job that is too much to handle. Professional cleaners can clean any mess or damage so the business can keep its doors open every single day.
If you are interested in commercial cleaning services for your business, call Service Masters of Pittsburgh at (412) 419-3253 today.