Water damage cleanup in Greater Pittsburg takes several steps to complete sufficiently and none of the steps should be skipped over. However, the most vital step to never skimp on is the drying out process. Making sure all the water, moisture, and humidity is gone from the walls, floors, and carpeting is the best way to prevent mold and mildew; however, many homeowners are not sure what the correct drying process is or how long they should expect to wait for the process to be completed. Luckily, there are a few tips and tricks to ensuring proper technique in drying.
What to Do to Dry Out A Room
There are several steps to the drying process when you are doing water damage cleanup in Greater Pittsburg. The drying out process happens after all water is removed out of the room. Most professionals use large, commercial water removal machines that suction out the water.
- Empty the room of all furniture and possessions.
- Open all the windows if weather permits.
- Tear out carpet if carpet needs replaced.
- Commercial cleaning of carpets if not tearing the carpet out.
- Set up large commercial drying fans or box fans and point to the carpet or flooring, as well as the walls. You will need to use more than one and be prepared to rotate them if needed.
- Set up a dehumidifier to pull moisture from the air.
- Replace carpet after the room is dry.
The drying time can take multiple days to complete. The longest part of the process is leaving the fans and dehumidifier on to remove the excess moisture from the room. Depending on how much water was in the room and the type of flooding that occurred, the drying process can take 1-5 days.
Water damage cleanup in Greater Pittsburg is always completed faster when done by professionals who have the commercial grade equipment needed for proper water cleanup.