Water Damage Cleanup | Top 5 Causes of Home Water Damage
Owning a home is one of the most rewarding investments you can make into your future. Owning property is a way to create generational wealth that can be passed to your children and grandchildren. However, many things can cause our homes to depreciate. Most people are aware of how natural disasters such as flooding can do irreparable damage to houses. However, several common household accidents can happen to anyone at any time, which will leave you in desperate need of professional water damage cleanup.
- Toilet Leaking or Flooding-When the toilet overflows or has a leak, your bathroom floors can start to saturate and get soft and saggy over time if the leak is not fixed. Take special precautions when cleaning up a toilet overflow with waste.
- Leaking Washing Machine- Your washer might start leaking water due to clogged drainage, worn-out piping, or ruptures to the rubber hoses. When water doesn’t drain properly from your machine, your clothes can get ruined also.
- AC/Water Heater Leaking- When the drainage system of your central air or water heater backs up due to clogged lines, they start to leak and ruin your walls and ceiling quickly. Your insulation can also become soggy and need to be replaced.
- Burst Pipes- When temperatures drop below freezing, your pipes can burst if water freezes inside of them. Pipes rupturing can flood every room of your house from floor to ceiling. The fire sprinkler systems in your commercial businesses can freeze and cause the need for water damage cleanup also.
- Sump Pump Failures- Sump pumps can fail during heavy rainstorms and flooding, or because of mechanical failure. When your sump pump floods your basement, chances are you will have hazardous waste that needs to be cleaned up as well. Homeowners need professional services for this kind of water damage cleanup.
Many of the top causes of home water damage can be prevented, but sometimes accidents happen, and we can’t stop flooding in our homes. Flooding in your home needs to be cleaned up as soon as possible to reduce damages and lower your risk of mold growth.
Do you need help with water damage cleanup? Call ServiceMaster of Greater Pittsburgh today at 412-419-3253