What Should be in Your Emergency Evacuation Kit? | Water Disaster Restoration
You cannot be prepared enough for a water disaster, but having an emergency evacuation kit can help you manage the situation better. In the event of a water disaster, and you need water disaster restoration services in Greater Pittsburgh, ServiceMaster is a call away.
In preparedness, your evacuation kit should have these items.
Evacuation Kit Basics
Here is a list of the basic items you need:
- Canned food and non-perishable snacks.
- Bottled water and a portable filtration system for unlimited water supply.
- Flashlight with extra batteries.
- Solar device chargers and solar lights.
- Emergency whistles.
- Prescription medicine.
- Surgical or dust masks.
- Undergarments and socks.
- Maps of your area and the destination.
- Tool kit with a sharp knife, tweezers, duct tape, pliers, etc.
- A set of house, car, and safe keys.
- Two-way radios.
- A first aid kit with bandages, gauze, sanitizers, burn cream, petroleum jelly, etc.
- Extra phone and device chargers.
Here is what you will need for kids:
- Infant formula or skimmed milk.
- Extra feeding bottles and plates.
- Diapers and wipes.
- Multiple changes of clothes.
- Pain relief medication.
- Games, puzzles, and toys.
- Warm blankets.
Here are some of the documents you need:
- Copies of everyone’s birth certificates.
- Copies of passports and identification cards.
- Copies of driver’s licenses.
- Copies of health insurance cards, prescriptions, and medical forms.
- Copies of credit cards and your ATM card.
- A copy of usernames and passwords.
- Family emergency contact list.
- Copies of homeowner’s insurance cards.
- Pet documents and proff of vaccination.
- Current pictures of everyone in the family, including pets.
- Copies of utility bills.
Here is what you need for pets:
- Enough pet food for 7 days.
- Portable water bowls
- Collars and leashes.
- ID tags.
- Proof of vaccination and medical information
- Grooming kit
- Portable bed and blanket.
With an evacuation kit, you will be in a good place to handle a water disaster when it happens. And with a reliable restoration company, you can rest assured of settling back home in time. Call ServiceMaster if you are looking for water disaster restoration services in Greater Pittsburgh. Our team will restore your property to functionality after a water disaster.